Testimonials for the Miniature Paintings of Wes & Rachelle Siegrist
A crowd gathers at the Plantation Wildlife Arts Festival to view our miniatures up close.
Mr. Cawdell by Rachelle Siegrist
Below are unedited comments from individuals dealing with us and our paintings.
- "Your participation in our 6th Annual Fine Art Show was greatly appreciated. We are very thankful that you were able to attend our opening and judge this year's showcase. We thoroughly enjoyed the level of enthusiasm that you brought to the opening. The presentation on the History and Challenges of Working in Miniature created a great opportunity for our visitors and collectors to learn more about this unique art form. It was a pleasure to experience the very knowledgeable and professional manner in which you evaluated the artwork. Both of you have inspired us to continue to promote and educate our clients an community on the exquisite art of the miniature." - Laura and Lee Tesdahl, Artistic Designs Gallery
- "With over 180 entries from around the world, choosing just one Best in Show, two Merit Awards and five honorable mentions was a daunting task. In working with the Starr Collection of Portrait Miniatures at The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, I have always been struck by the level of detail and expression that can be captured in miniature painting, but I was truly impressed to see this collection of entries, and the range of subjects and media they represent. … Above all, Mr. Cawdell encapsulates the best in show of both technical skill and artistic expression. In the tradition of portrait miniatures, this work combines the accuracy of a photographic memento with expressive artistry. The penetrating gaze of the sitter, the fine detailing of the barn wood, crumpled shirt and vibrant blue of the overalls all contribute to a work that not only provides a telling portrait but activates all the senses of the viewer. One can almost sense the heat, smell and sounds of Mr. Cawdell's environment." - Karin Jones, Assistant to the Curator of Decorative Arts at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art; Judge for the 8th Annual Heartland Art Guild Miniatures Art Show
- "The paintings arrived safe and sound yesterday!! We poured a glass of wine, put on Ella Fitzgerald and Johnny Mathis and opened them together! It was a very emotional and powerful joy to open them up and see them up close in our home for the first time after waiting so long! They are exquisite!!! It's really an emotional experience to hold them in your hand and view them with a magnifying glass under a good light at home! That's one of the things that make miniatures so special is the intimacy of being able to hold them in your hand and see them up close. Both are more beautiful and exquisite than we ever imagined. Thank you for your notes on the back of each and for the detailed letter with the update on your shows and the planned DVD. It's all very exciting." - Reggie Birks and Mac Edwards
- "Our house is blessed with the wonderful miniature work of the Siegrist's. Any time they show their work, we always find another amazing painting that they have crafted, that we want. The size of these Miniatures allow you to place them almost anywhere in your dwelling. A look at any of them makes your day better." - Fred & Randi Wightman
Wes' miniature painting (top) displayed in a collector's kitchen.
- "The miniature paintings of Wes and Rachelle Siegrist are always exciting additions to the exhibitions of the Society of Animal Artists. These little marvels depict the natural world in an intimate and intriguing manner, and they beg to be examined in minute detail. These diminutive gems contain all the elements of the largest works in our shows: good composition, interesting content, balance, color, and exquisite detail. They also show a good understanding of anatomy and the proper depiction of natural behaviors and habitat, which is vitally important in good animal art. These works succeed brilliantly on all levels. I have been a huge fan of the Siegrists' work since I first saw it years ago. Since then, I have added several of their paintings to my personal collection, and would love to have a wall full! Wes and Rachelle's paintings are a constant source of delight, beauty, and inspiration for anyone who enjoys quality works of art, and the world of nature." - Diane D. Mason, President, Society of Animal Artists
- "I just wanted to send along a note to say how much we love the portrait of Luke! You did such a wonderful job capturing his likeness! I know Dad is so pleased with it, and we were so touched to receive it on Christmas....what a wonderful and special gift. I think mom would've been tickled by it too. We have it on a shelf in our living room and have already received lots of compliments on it....and, tell Wes that we're still receiving compliments on Mr. Fuzzy Feathers, which I love too!" - Kelly and Steve Brooks
- "I can’t tell you how pleased I am with the painting! It is so good and I wanted to put it in a place where it would be seen. I looked all through the house and finally found the spot. ...I can’t tell you two how proud I am of you both. It amazes me how far you both have come since I met you at the fair in Sebring and started taking lessons. Your dedication and love of your craft and of each other is really showing in your work and your life. I know that it will only get better for you both." - Jim Macumber
- "...many thanks again for the beautiful portrait of Consuelo! It arrived without a hitch and the surprise was complete, but I couldn't wait to show it to Susan, who'd like to include a thought or two of her own. - What a wonderful surprise this was! You managed to capture the vivacity and glee in this little cherub- well done! The likeness is perfection! She has become part of our lives and we so love the way you have captured this precious moment." - Susan & Doug Hoff
- "I have wanted to write this for over 1 year now, but have felt inadequate in translating the emotions that are felt in my heart whenever I view one of Wes or Rachelle's paintings. If I could, I would purchase all that they paint. Their remarkable talent provides paintings of authentic beauty and enjoyment, with pleasure to last a lifetime and for many generations to come. I have finally decided that the most concise way to express my feelings is to write that the inner character of Wes and Rachelle shines through each painting with love for the subject that is being painted. Thank you Wes and Rachelle." - Janet Ryan
Siegrist miniature paintings on display in a collector's home.
- "I wanted to write and say how much I love the 2 paintings I bought in Decatur Alabama this fall. Not a day goes by that those little gems don't brighten my day. They are well cared for and will be a part of my family always. I was also so impressed with the thank-you card you sent......you are both very special people. I'm hooked, and will look forward to all future updates on your web site. Again ..... Thank-you so much!!" - Drenda Benn
- "I first met Wes in 1989 when my 8-year old daughter took painting lessons from him. Though I also have a background in art, it was Wes who instilled in her the love and appreciation for the beauty and freedom of art. Soon after, Rachelle joined him, as his student and his partner, and together they have captured the pure essence of the human soul. Not only do they share incredible talent but, moreover, a compassion for art, for life and for each other that is unparalleled, and especially, integrity in all that they do. I am very proud to have known them, watch them grow, and witness their great journey to success." - Karen DeHays
Some of our miniatures and art collection on display in our home.
- "You two truly love the wildlife you paint and it reflects in your work. Your conservation ethic is as strong as your artistic talent and I respect you for that. Your artwork is among my most precious possessions." - Lisa Beidl
- "Wes & Rachelle are the best artists we have seen and yet they remain humble. Their prices are soaring as is their popularity and we are so happy for them and their expanding future. They are also the only artists we know who actually earn a living with their art. They are not starving artists! They are spiritually rich!" - Julia E. Baggett
- "We were drawn to your paintings not only by the beauty of the works themselves but by the unusual approach - some are whimsical; some have unusual light or a different perspective. But once we met Wes & Rachelle, we are also drawn to the paintings because they seem to be extensions of the artists." - Ted & Jamae Bruton
- "The Paintings of Wes & Rachelle are very professional and are one of a kind collectibles. Details, colors and realism are unique." - Dennis J. Getman
- "Both Wes & Rachelle are gifted artists with uncompromising detail in their works." - Craig Dickman
- "Our original by Wes, "Carolina Wren", means so much to us because not only is it transportingly beautiful, we were able to talk to Wes & Rachelle when we purchased it and they told us all about where and how the painting began its life. Everytime we look at it we think of the two caring, lovely people "behind" our painting. We know awards can bring greater monetary recognition but the attitude of the artists is what makes the "general public" be more likely to buy more than what they intended!" - Sid & Sandra Strickland
- "I enjoy purchasing originals and reproductions from both of you. Not only for the beauty and pleasure it brings me, but because of both of you. I know I can trust you because you are so open and honest about your work and your lives. When I buy something, I feel as though I've bought a painting from a good friend. -Thanks!" - Janine Wesley
Siegrist miniature paintings on display in a collector's home.
- "I remain thrilled with the "Ruby-Crowned Kinglet". We appreciated your delivery of the painting and having the opportunity to visit with both of you. Also enjoyed talking with Wes at the wildlife show at Silver Springs and we are looking forward to purchasing another painting - perhaps a miniature. You are such a delightful couple! Our best wishes to you on your move!" - Ingeborg Hume
- "My purchases were made at a time Wes was living with relatives in a trailer court in Okeechobee. Best wishes for great years to come!" - M. Joy Conner
- "I love wildlife (especially Florida), fine art (especially watercolors), and dynamic, talented young artists (namely Wes & Rachelle). I have purchased nine watercolors - including two minis - and a framed reproduction for my son. Every one gives me pleasure each time I look at it." - Nancy G. Leatzow
- "I would like Rachelle to resume some of her "people" paintings. They have a special feel to them that is magnetic." - Fanny Blumenthal
- "I think the success you both have achieved is wonderful. I first met you both at a small booth in an art show in Palm Beach County, FL. Since then your popularity has grown so much and you both have become such noted artists, it is a great achievement for two very nice people. I wish you both all the success that there can be!" - Diane Gorny
- "What the two of you capture and bring to "life" in your art is exquisite!" - LeAnn and Fred Stewart
- "I bought one of Rachelle's originals at Sunfest in West Palm Beach, FL (Bad Dog- it was a mailman and a dog). The next day I brought my wife to see it and she bought (or at least taked me into...) "Reminiscing". I made payments until we moved to Tennessee - finally picking up the painting at your home. I just love the paintings. I love the humanity of it, the bi-racial message of friends sharing coffee & maybe sharing a joke or two. You two are so gifted and I want to visit you when you move up here (Tennessee)" - J. Norman Knott
Some of our miniatures displayed in a collector's home as a grouping with other artists' paintings and a butterfly collection.
- "Well, a great big 'thank you' to you both. The package arrived this morning. We had a second birthday celebration as I unwrapped the box. I handed the zip-lock bag to Darlene and let her take it from there... We both had tears in our eyes as we gazed at the painting. It is magnificent! Thank you very much. Wes, thanks for keeping everything on track and getting the package here today. Rachelle, thank you for a wonderful painting. You absolutely captured the heart and feeling of the pond at Wood Lot Farm." - Steve Hines
- "It was a real pleasure to meet you both during the art show in Omaha at the Zoo. Rachelle, I especially loved getting to bond with a fellow "kindred spirit". It was great to see all the critters up close and to watch your reaction toward them as it mirrors mine so closely. Kevin and I are busy getting the last minute details ironed out for our
wedding in October. We are not letting any of the recent world events taint our enthusiasm. It was a real joy viewing your website; you two are both such gifted artists. We both wish you much continued success in the future. We also dearly hope that the zoo will consider doing it again next year so, with luck, we will get to spend some more time with you. I will keep you posted if I come across any facilities that allow one- on-one interaction with their critters! Take care!" - Catherine and Kevin Deal
- "It was a pleasure meeting you this past weekend and getting to know you! I'm glad my mom has such nice neighbors! Thanks again for taking the time to show us your work and your home. You both are extremely talented and I wish you both the best. Hopefully we will see you again on our next visit!" - Tina and Phil Bolcar
- "Your work is absolutely gorgeous and an inspiration for someone like me who has been painting 'small things' as a hobby for only a few short years. I am thrilled to find kindred souls and eagerly look forward to meeting you and seeing in your work in person." - Kay Stevenson
Some of our miniatures displayed in a collector's office on the small walls between doors (two photos combined).
- "I just love your web site. I have bookmarked it and will be showing it to my art class on Monday. Also I really enjoyed the class you gave on painting detail Feb. 23rd. I learned a lot and was certainly inspired to paint more often. I dont paint because I have little room to store the end products. However I think miniature painting could solve my problem. I do a fine job on pastel portraits and think I would like to try doing them in miniature using watercolor. Do you know of any books that might be helpfull in this subject matter? If so I would love to know names and authors. Also want to know if you have published any instruction books yourselves. Thank you again." - Sharon Seymour
- "WOW! I love your new work! The website is great! Your work, as always is incredible! You continue to inspire me. You two are truly blessed and I wish you the very best and much continued success! You deserve it!" - Diane Richmond Hall
- "Congratulations on all that you both have accomplished since I first met you. You have both grown so much as artists. I am so pleased that we have many of your creations and look forward to many more. Your website is fantastic. We look forward to seeing you at more shows too!" - Scott and Elaine Taylor
- "Your paintings are wonderful in their detail and realism. I am amazed that they are so tiny! When I first saw them I thought they were images of a much larger painting. I'd love to see an exhibition, any thought of having one out here in California? " - Mira
Siegrist miniature paintings on display in a collector's home.
- "Your site is a marvelous stimulant of visual art. The paintings are full of "heart" and compassion, which make them a giant in the art field." - Jackie Jennings
- "You both have such amazing talent! Your work is excellent! Your miniatures are incredible...I have never seen so much detail in such a tiny space!! I will enjoy coming back to your site to see new work. " - Linda Creary
- "It has been so great to watch the two of you expand your art work and change your styles for the last few years. I always enjoy seeing your new art work and the web site will be listed on my favorite bookmarks from now on. I am so proud to own "Cool Shades, Dude" and hope to buy some more art work in the future so I can own pieces from both of you. This is a wonderful web site, good work." - Fran Kendall
- "I really enjoyed your exhibit in Ft. Pierce. Your works are very beautiful. Your web site is in my bookmarks and I will visit often. Your pictures give me much joy. thank you for sharing your talents." - Dee Mason
We welcome your testimonials or feedback!
Back to the top
Artofwildlife.com is the official website of Wes & Rachelle Siegrist, maintained by Wes Siegrist. All artwork, images and contents of this website are © Wes & Rachelle Siegrist.